Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
The Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator gives the height to weight ratio of a person based on age and gender. It is not a diagnostic tool for body fat, because an overweight person may have the same BMI as a healthy weight person who has lots of muscle tone.
Always use this tool in conjunction with the body fat calculator to get a more relevant answer for your weight/height and body fat.
The Body Mass Index (BMI) classification is calculated by deviding weight by the square of height.
The body mass classifications are defined as follows:
- Less than 20 - Underweight
- 20 - 24.9 - 'Normal' weight (Grade 0)
- 25 - 29.9 - Overweight/'plump' (Grade I)
- 30 - 40 - Moderately obese (Grade II)
- More than 40 - Severely obese (Grade III)